Cancun: Kosher City Guide
Beach, Kosher food, Mayan Rivera, and ancient pyramids.
Read our tips and let us know if we miss anything! We would love to add your comments for the benefit of other Kosher travelers.
- Cancun is simply beautiful and there are so many fun things to do, and plenty of Kosher food.
- There are at least three Kosher Restaurants in Cancun, the superb Red Heifer and Dag Dag and the new (2019) Ember by Pineapple.
- There is an awesome Chabad in the Zona Hotelera not far from the restaurants which also offers food.
- A short two hour flight from Miami. Many inexpensive flights available.
- We can recommend a trusted driver for airport pick-ups and taking you to points of interest, just ask us.
- The beaches are simply breathtaking.
- Visit the Mayan pyramids of Chichen Itza, just 2 hours away. Would you like to climb them? Ask us before you go.
- KWB's staff didn't love Playa del Carmen, but it does have Chabad and a number of Kosher restaurants.
- Visit Tulum.
- Nearby Isla Mujeres, hast its own Chabad House.
- Visit Cozumel 2 hours away, with a Chabad House and 4 Kosher restaurants.
- Local people are very friendly.
- As in any city, be careful with your belongings and aware of your surroundings.
- Stay away during spring break.
- Cancun or its Mayan translation, "Nest of Snakes", a fascinating place to spend a weekend or a full vacation alone, with someone or with kids.
- Located in the Mayan Riviera, it has become very popular because of the surroundings. A lot of adventure, scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking, fishing or just lay on the beach with a pina colada.
- Airfare isn't that expensive from the USA and you can find 3 star hotels from $300 for a week to $500 a night, depending on what you want to do. It's a 2 hour flight from Miami.
- There are Jewish communities there, Chabad and Neve Shalom. We have not been to the latter, just to Chabad.
- There are 2 Kosher restaurants and Chabad who has food to delivery/pick-up.
- The touristic part of Cancun is the hotel zone or Zona Hotelera, which is kind of like Vegas strip, one long street full of hotels and night life and that's it. You will want to go out of the city to other towns where there is more to see and to do.
- Cancun is also very popular for Pesach programs and weddings by Kosher Luxus.