Lima: Kosher City Guide
Lima is a place full of friendly people and aventures waiting to happen.
Read our tips and let us know if we miss anything! We would love to add your comments for the benefit of other Kosher travelers.
- Lima houses most of the Jewish community of Peru.
- There is Chabad House that serves the local community (The Chabad of Cuzco serves Israeli Backpackers).
- There is one Kosher restaurant.
- Union Israelita de Peru (Israelite Union of Peru) is orthodox, they certify Kosher products.
- One Kosher market.
- One Jewish traditional school called Leon Pinelo.
- One JCC called Hebraica.
- It is the capital city of Peru, a place of flavours, historic landmarks and an open door for Jews who arrived before the war.
- There are a lot of young Israelis who go to Peru after their military service, mostly to Cusco.
- Lima has amazing beaches and for those who like paragliding and gliding, it's an amazing place for that. It is also a good spot for surfers.
- The Jewish community in lima is very small, they all know each other and help each other.
- The national soda there is called Inca Kola, Coca-Cola didn't have much success in Peru so they bought out the local Inca Kola.
- Hotel de los Delfines has dolphins in the middle of the lobby and fr0m time to time there are shows.