Greece: Kosher Country Guide
Beauty, history, and great Kosher food!
Read our tips and let us know if we missed anything! We would love to add your comments for the
Greece is a jewel for Kosher travelers!
- Easy, non-stop flights from New York and Miami.
- Great Kosher food available!
- Gostijo is an amazing Kosher restaurant run by the Chabad inside their Chabad house, in the tourist area of Athens.
- From the Chabad Athens restaurant's website, you can order meals that will be delivered to the beautiful Greek Islands.
- Basic price: 23 Euros per meal. Shipping: 30 Euros flat fee. Shabbat meals 52 Euros (for two people).
- That means you can just worry about which hotel you will stay at, plan your trip, and book your delicous meals with them, delivered anywhere in Greece.
- Their restaurant (GOSTIJO) is beautiful and serves local Greek dishes, which we found AMAZING.
- There is so much history, and especially so much Jewish history, in Greece. Don't go there without preparing, otherwise you'll be up a creek with no paddle.
- The Chabad website is one of the best we have seen, with so much useful information.
- Do not miss the Knossos Palace in Crete.
- There was a Chabad House that opened briefly in Crete, but it closed down.
- Visit the ancient synagogue in Chania, Crete.
- Of course, don't miss the Parthenon in Athens.
- Ask us about a Jewish Tour guide in Athens.
- Check out this useful list of historical synagogues throughout Greece.
- Chabad put together a useful Kosher product list, use it.