Portugal: Kosher Country Guide
Jewish history, beautiful views, be ready to feel hungry with all the sights and smells.
Read our tips and let us know if we miss anything! We would love to add your comments for the benefit of other Kosher travelers.
- Discover Jewish history.
- Rent a car.
- Feel the vibes, let your senses and imagination go whilst walking in the path of the Judeirias (Jewish Ghettos) residents.
- Get ready to find the finest food.
- Contact Chabad of Portugal.
- The first country to Europe from west to east. Home of the Porto wine, bacalao salao (salted cod) and it revives the feeling of the medieval era with its castles and cobblestone streets.
- This country is also a house of a Jewish heritage, at one point the country was filled with judeirias (Jewish communities) .
- It's a very colourful country, with abundant festivals, music, cuisine, and history, tries to keep up with the modern world, yet doesn't lose its magical medieval enchantment.
- There are 4 synagogues in the country. One of them is occupied by Chabad, situated about 30 minutes away from the port of Lisbon.
- When it comes to Kosher as far as we know, the only inconvenience is that milk is not Cholov Yisroel and looking for Kosher bread can be a problem.