Austria: Country Guide
A country of music, dance and expressive Jewish history.
- Jewish life is growing in an energetic way everyday in Vienna, loads of Kosher options to dine out in the Karmelitermarkt, synagogues worth the visit and landmarks not to be missed.
- There are over Kosher 16 restaurants, 3 Kosher bakeries and 4 supermarkets where you can find Kosher food.
- When you are in Austria you can enjoy either a nice grilled fish in Mea Sharim, amazing hummus in Bahur Tov, pizza in Novellino, or vegetarian dishes in Shelanu.
- Check all your delicious options in our extensive Kosher food research here: KWB – Austria.
- Here are some hotels nearby Chabad: KWB – Austria, hotels.
What to do?
- The memorial against war and fascism by Alfred Hrdlicka and Shoah Memorial are two stops in Vienna where you can connect with the Jewish history of this vibrant country.
- Classical music lives with more intensity in Austria than anywhere else in the world. From Mozart to Haydn, Brahms to Falco, and more, so make sure to get to know this country through the paths of melodies as well.
- You can also try a piece of Kosher Wienerschnitzel and find out that Jewish life in the land of waltz is not just a matter of history.
- Have you been to Austria? Share your tips with us!