Run by yeshiva students, they will go out of their way to help travellers.
- Chabad Kyoto (unofficial) will prepare kosher food for you, with advance notice.
- If you just show up they will go out of their way to help you, but don’t do that… come on…!
- They do have Shabbat services, but having a minyan depends on how many tourists are in the city at the time.
- Passover Sedarim, high holidays etc., everything is amazing in Chabad Kyoto.
- Don’t miss official Chabad in the nearby city of Kobe, we stopped there on the way to Hiroshima.
Chabad Kyoto (Unofficial) is one of two synagogues and Kosher sources in Kyoto. They don’t have a full-time rabbi but is run by volunteers and yeshiva students.
When we were there a yeshiva bochur named Levi went out of his way to make us Kosher sushi. They cater to tourists, tourist groups, students and the local Jewish population.
〒606‐8335 Okazaki Tennocho 30-3 Sakyoku Kyoto