Chabad Shanghai (HongQiao)
The best Chabad for business travelers. Great Restaurant and Minyanim.
- Our favorite out of the 3 Shanghai Chabad Houses, we recommend staying near them.
- Kosher restaurant open 6 days a week, with many tables and a full menu, including Chinese dishes.
- During Shabbat meals at the Hong Qiao Chabad House you will meet every kind of Jew; Orthodox business travellers, university students, and everyone in between.
- Their location is great. Near major hotels and 20-minute taxi ride to the Hong Qiao airport, and train station.
- If you are visiting factories or other cities, that’s where you will likely leave from.
- Most weekdays you can find a Shacharit Minyan at 7:15 AM with breakfast following.
- Many visitors bring their Chinese co-workers to the restaurant, but due to Chinese law, they should not participate in prayers.
- The rabbi and his wife are very welcoming. They are dedicated with a passion to making Jewish life beautiful in Shanghai.
- There is a women’s Mikvah on premises.
- Weekly classes and holiday programmes.
- Hotels near them offer discounts when booking through Chabad. Click here for more information.
- Important: For some reason, the map is displaying the entrance, but not the actual house. You can ask at the guard gate next to Starbucks. The address is correct and has been for over 10 years: 87 South Shui Cheng Road. Located in Villa #1.
- Chinese characters of our address (show this to your taxi driver):
上海市长宁区 水城南路87号 美丽华花园1号别墅