Greece: Country Guide
Beauty, history, and great Kosher food!
Greece is a jewel!
- Easy, non-stop flights from New York and Miami.
- Great Kosher food available!
- Gostijo is an amazing Kosher restaurant run by the Chabad inside their Chabad house, in the tourist area of Athens.
- From the Chabad Athens restaurant’s website, you can order meals that will be delivered to the beautiful Greek Islands.
- Basic price: 23 Euros per meal. Shipping: 30 Euros flat fee. Shabbat meals 52 Euros (for two people).
- That means you can just worry about which hotel you will stay at, plan your trip, and book your delicous meals with them, delivered anywhere in Greece.
- Their restaurant is beautiful and serves local Greek dishes, which we found AMAZING.
- There is so much history, and especially so much Jewish history, in Greece. Don’t go there without preparing, otherwise you’ll be up a creek with no paddle.
- The Chabad website is one of the best we have seen, with so much useful information.
- Do not miss the Knossos Palace in Crete.
- There was a Chabad House that opened briefly in Crete, but it closed down.
- Visit the ancient synagogue in Chania, Crete.
- Of course, don’t miss the Parthenon in Athens.
- Ask us about a Jewish Tour guide in Athens.