Hotel da Musica – Porto
Deluxe hotel with Kosher restaurant services available.
- The avant-garde Hotel da Música is much more than a hotel design: combining modernity and comfort, in a symphony with notes of culture, gastronomy and tradition.
- The lines projected in 1949 – by the line of, the architects Fortunado Leal, Cunha Leão and Morais Soares – welcomed a lively market, in a picturesque mixture of flavours and aromas.
- The hotel has electric car chargers and the Tesla vehicles that are located in the garage, are available for free use upon availability and prior reservation at the front desk.
Porto Kosher Store and more details
- The Kosher Corner is part of Hotel da Música and is located inside Mercado Bom Sucesso. It is the very first store with Kosher products opening in the country, both for guests and the general public.
- Created in partnership with the Jewish Community of Porto and aims to make Kosher products known to the general population. Porto Kosher Store follows the Jewish law regarding opening times.
- Matzo bread, dolma (rolls with vegetables), or tahine (pasta with sesame seeds), sandwiches, wines, juices, cakes, and water are some of the products that the store has to offer. Kosher food is not new at Hotel da Música since meals are served à la carte in the Kosher Corner (upon reservation).
- The Hotel da Música is certified in Kosher food and prepared for the specific service.
- The appropriate training was given to the Hotel da Música employees and they are able to deal with the Jews and their specific customers. There is a central kitchen where meals come with a rabbinical seal, for units across the country.
- The kitchen had an intervention required to become Kosher, proper according to Jewish religious law.
- The operation of the kitchen, the connection of equipment and processes for selection and preparation of the food are checked and supervised by a mashgiach, a Jewish religious supervisor dedicated to the obligations on a day-to-day.
The products and ingredients used for the preparation of the dishes are able to meet the highest standards required of Jewish clients, because by its nature or hold the highest rabbinical certifications: Chalav Israel Glatt Kosher, Afiat Israel, etc.
- Hotel da Música provides to the clients a Jewish menu consisting of the best Portuguese cuisine and vegetarian meals.
- The Jewish cuisine of Hotel da Música can be experienced by tourists from all nations and by the general population.
- The entire project is coordinated by Rabbi Daniel Litvak, whose supervision is recognised by the Grand Rabbinate of Israel and large bodies of kashrut worldwide.
- The Hotel is Located in downtown Porto, next to Mouzhino de Alburquerque Plaza.