Musmeah Yeshua Synagogue
Preserved 1896 building, last Jewish house of worship. Burma’s only synagogue.
- Musmeah Yeshua Synagogue is located at 26th Street in central Yangon.
- The only Jewish house in Myanmar.
- The building was constructed in the 1890s to serve the 2,500 Jews, who migrated from the Middle East. After the invasion of Japanese in World War II, the Jews were forced to escape from Burma and settle in other countries.
- Musmeah Yeshua Synagogue is a special place where Burmese, Hindus and Muslims co-exist.
- Check the interior here.
- Watch this interesting video about the synagogue.