Poland: Country Guide
Visit the cities that once were the center of vibrant Jewish life.
- There is at least one Kosher restaurant in Warsaw, Karkov and Lodz.
- Chabad of Warsaw has Shabbat meals for everyone.
- Their site has a lot of useful information, and they recommend drivers and services.
- Visiting Poland is an experience that will affect your life forever.
- Visit the old Jewish Cemetery.
- Visit the Umschlagplatz & former Jewish Ghetto.
- Drive two hours to Lublin and visit the famous Lublin Yeshiva building.
- You can also choose to go to Kazimierz Jewish Quarter and walk around the Old Town, the traditional Jewish area. You will walk along splendid Kanonicza and Grodzka streets and make sure not to miss Remuh Synagogue which is the only active synagogue in Krakow, and the Old Synagogue, one of Europe’s oldest Jewish places of worship.
- Visit Schindler’s Factory and concentration camps such as Auschwitz and Majdanek.
- Krakow is about a 1.5 hour drive from Auschwitz.
- Historic Kazimierz Dolny
- Lezajsk & Lancut are two charming towns that are worth visit as they are full of Jewish culture and history, in fact we consider that in Lancut you may find there the most beautiful synagogue in the whole country with an amazing baroque style and rich decorations.
- Have you been to Poland?
- Share your trip notes with us and help the next traveler.