Poland: Country Guide
Visiting Poland is a must if you would like to see the cities that once were the centre of the vibrant Jewish culture.
- It is a country rich in history and art that you must visit in Europe.
- You can spend days exploring the cities, lakes, forests and castles of Poland and at the end of your journey you will think about visiting again soon.
- Visit the Umschlagplatz & former Jewish Ghetto, followed by a day inmersed in the historic Kazimierz Dolny & Lublin.
- Lezajsk & Lancut are two charming towns that are worth visit as they are full of Jewish culture and history, in fact we consider that in Lancut you may find there the most beautiful synagogue in the whole country with an amazing baroque style and rich decorations.
- If you’re interested in the history of Poland during WWII you can visit Schindler’s Factory and concentration camps such as Auschwitz and Majdanek.
- You can also choose to go to Kazimierz Jewish Quarter and walk around the Old Town, the traditional Jewish area. You will walk along splendid Kanonicza and Grodzka streets and make sure not to miss Remuh Synagogue which is the only active synagogue in Krakow, and the Old Synagogue, one of Europe’s oldest Jewish places of worship.