Long-running Kosher takeaway spot making sushi & noodle dishes, plus a petite Japanese market.
- The Japanese word Umami refers to the fifth taste; the combination of the four primary tastes – salty, sour, sweet and bitter.
- Umami Sushi uses only the freshest and finest ingredients, with presentation that simply makes your mouth water.
- They are an important part of the Toronto community, proudly serving sushi at intimate family gatherings, office parties, corporate events and elaborate celebrations – even in remote areas.
- The success of Umami Sushi is due to the meticulous attention to detail provided by owner/manager Andrew Novak. Andrew has been involved with Umami since 2002, and in 2007, together with wife Sarah, bought the company so they could continue to provide Toronto’s consumers with the finest kosher sushi. Umami Sushi has proven itself with an award for “Best Kosher Maki” from North York Post.
- All fish maki are available raw or grilled – just let them know in advance. A house speciality at Umami Sushi is the “T.O. (Toronto)” and their “Sushi Pizza” is a savoury mix of salmon, spicy sauce, sesame seeds, green onion and cucumbers atop a rice patty. In addition to their delectable sushi menu, Umami Sushi introduced its unique noodle menu, and the early response from consumers has been overwhelming.
- For more information click here.